We understand our clients’ strategic priorities and help to ensure that the risks posed by non-compliance are avoided.
Recent years have seen increased regulation of business, as governments across the world address new advancements and threats alike. These include growing and sophisticated technologies, international fraud and money laundering, and increased emphasis on protection of consumers and the environment. Business needs to stay abreast of new and rapidly changing laws and regulations, both local and international, in order to meet the threats and take advantage of the opportunities all these changes present.
Our team understands the regulatory landscape in which businesses operate — we are able to interact constructively with regulators to challenge unfair or unreasonable decisions affecting our clients. Our expertise covers all aspects of regulation and a vast range of industries.
Our expertise includes:
- Data protection and privacy (including POPIA and GDPR)
- Consumer protection and consumer credit
- Anti-corruption and money laundering (including FICA and POCA)
- State procurement
- Environmental health and safety law
- Competition and merger regulation (including Takeover Regulations)
- Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment (B-BBEE)
- Regulated industries such as financial services, mining, technology media and telecommunications, pharmaceuticals and healthcare