Marco is a director at Andersen in South Africa, and leads the firm’s Regulatory practice. He specialises in corporate and commercial law, mergers and acquisitions and regulatory compliance.
Marco’s experience includes advising clients on private equity transactions, corporate restructuring, corporate governance, commercial advice and litigation, as well as regulatory affairs. Marco has acted for local, international, listed, unlisted and multinational clients across a variety of sectors, including in the private equity, financial services, entertainment, freight and logistics, mining, healthcare, technology and property sectors.
Marco also specialises in data protection and privacy (including the Protection of Personal Information Act and the General Data Protection Regulation) matters.
- B.Com, University of Pretoria (2009)
- LLB, University of Pretoria (2011)
- LLM, University of South Africa (2017)
Marco’s engagements include the following:
- advisor to a Chinese multinational company in the security and surveillance industry in relation to its business affairs in South Africa
- the acquisition by global logistics client Panalpina Global Logistics of SkyServices;
- the acquisition by Enterprise Outsourcing Group of the technology managed business of PwC
- advising a US listed company in the energy sector in relation to the disposal of its business and assets in South Africa
- advising Sibanye Gold Limited on the acquisition of technology based assets in South Africa;
- advisor to prominent private equity firms on strategic investments and restructurings in various sectors;
- advisor to notable companies in the logistics and bulk commodities sector in relation to commercial business dealings in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Member of the Golden Key International Honour Society
- Member of the Corporate Counsel Association of South Africa
- Admitted as an attorney of the High Court of South Africa in 2014