Brett is Head of the Commercial Litigation department at Andersen in South Africa. He specialises in high level Commercial Litigation, Dispute Resolution and Business Restructuring and Insolvency.
Brett focuses on a wide range of commercial litigation disputes and represents a range of local and multi-national listed and blue-chip clients in the pension fund, accounting, banking, mining, renewable energy, construction and manufacturing industries.
Brett completed his articles at a specialist Corporate Commercial boutique firm in Johannesburg in 2005. Brett joined the firm in 2013.
- BA Law, Rhodes University (2002)
- LLB, Rhodes University (2004)
- A member of the South African Restructuring and Insolvency Practitioners Association NPC (SARIPA)
- International Association of Restructuring, Insolvency & Bankruptcy Professionals (INSOL International)
- Conducting a cross border liquidation enquiry for a renewable energy company based in India in relation to a Luxembourg listed company
- Cross border litigation for a Dubai based asset manager for recovery of funds in excess of R1 billion
- Advising Business Rescue Practitioners in relation to the Business Rescue proceedings and proceedings for subsequent liquidation of a State Owned airline
- Advising Bermuda based Holding Company in relation to the conversion of debt in Business Rescue Proceedings for a majority equity stake in a significant mining assets
- Advising clients in respect of appearances before the Nugent and Zondo Commissions of Inquiry
- General advisory work and litigation for a Big Four Audit firm
- Included in The Best Lawyers in South Africa for Litigation, 2021 & 2022