Andersen advises various service providers and customers in the field, with the aim of providing tailored services suited to each individual client.
Andersen's knowledge and experience navigating the field of technology, media and telecommunications, especially with regard to contracting and licensing, has been honed over many years of practice and is evident from the list of domestic and international clients that form part of our client base.
In a world of increasing globalisation, and on the other hand, recently, restrictions on personal movement due to the COVID-19 pandemic, reliance on electronic means of communication continues to grow. With it comes various legal challenges, such as data security, online contracting and regulatory compliance. Recognising that South Africa is at the forefront of various advancements in the fields of technology, media and telecommunications in Africa, Andersen prides itself on keeping pace with developments in the sector, both in South Africa and globally, so as to ensure that we are equipped to provide appropriate and practical legal advice.
Telecommunications, Media & Technology industry expertise
- Data privacy and protection, including cross-border data transfers
- Information technology and telecommunications outsourcing projects
- IT procurement
- Contracting, licensing, transactions, governance and compliance
- Emerging technologies (Fintech and Internet of Things)
- Technology-focused corporate, commercial and M&A transactions
- Advising a JSE-listed gold mining company in relation to the acquisition of technology-based assets
- Advising a China-based multinational in relation to the digital security and surveillance industry in relation to its business affairs in South Africa
- Advising a JSE-listed consulting, technology and outsourcing service provider on the acquisition of a “Big Four” auditor’s technology-managed business
- Representing South African information technology – successful representation in the High Court regarding disputes related to intellectual property
- Advising a parastatal telecommunications service provider in regard to licensing requirements in multiple African jurisidictions
- Advising a US based supplier of stock control hardware and software in regard to obtaining type approval for equipment from the Independent Communications Authority of South Africa
- Advising on the South African and African tax advisory and investment holding structure for US multinational satellite corporation
- Acting as South African legal representative for North American multinational satellite corporation in regard to registration with African Telecommunications Union