Our cross-border experience focuses on structure, financing and the implementation of complex projects.
As one of the leading firms in mining legal expertise, Andersen has seen the industry come a long way since the implementation of the Mineral and Petroleum Resources Development Act, 28 of 2002 ("MPRDA").
South Africa is famous for its abundance of mineral resources, accounting for a significant proportion of world production and reserves, and South African mining companies are key players in the global industry.
The changing nature of mining regulation from a common law base to a largely legislated system subject to both constitutional and administrative law principles has brought with it new challenges for businesses operating in this sector, and it is vitally important not only to understand the law but to implement all transactions accordingly.
Mining industry expertise
- Advice on the MPRDA and BEE legislation
- New applications for rights, permits and permissions
- Conversion of rights and permits under the MPRDA
- Transfers of mining and prospecting rights
- All relevant mining and prospecting agreements
- Share and business sales of mining-related operations
- Due diligence investigations
- Mine health and safety inquiries
- Advice on applications for environmental authorisations, permits and licences to undertake mining operations
- Representing mining clients in administrative appeals, enforcement action and litigation proceedings
- Environmental, Health and Safety legal auditing
- Legal training
News & Insights
Filing Requirements Related to Indirect Investments in Foreign Entities
Private Equity Funds "Trade or Business" Operator or "Investor"
Special FATCA Update