Our advertising and communication lawyers advise a number of prominent corporate clients in the industry across a full spectrum of legal services as it relates to advertising, communications and public relations, with a solutions-orientated approach.
The advertising and communication sector in South Africa is nuanced with change and innovation which continue to characterise an industry in a stringently regulated environment. Global developments in this sector likewise present fast-moving challenges which many businesses need to face in order to address the business, legal and regulatory pressures of the industry.
Our dedicated advertising and communication lawyers have an assorted combination of specialist local and international skills, experiences and backgrounds, with the result that each of our lawyers are able to provide practical advice to meet your precise needs. Our understanding and knowledge of the business challenges and intricacies in the advertising and communication industry means that we can provide you with a multi-faceted and comprehensive service offering.
Advertising and Communications industry expertise
- Advertising compliance, including compliance with the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA)
- ASA complaints and dispute resolution
- Marketing and advertising agreements
- Regulatory advice
- Guidance on the Consumer Protection Act including promotional competitions
- Advertising and communications focused corporate, commercial and M&A transactions
- Successfully litigated high profile reported case in the Competition Tribunal for a multinational client in the advertising industry
- Advisor to global advertising agency in the restructure of its key South African assets
- Advisor to numerous high profile multinational advertising, public relations and communications corporates